Infrastructure Engineer/COTS Architect (179)
Posted: August 02, 2013
Location: Aurora CO
The Infrastructure Engineer/COTS Architect will provide processes and design of COTS as it relates to complex computing systems and development, testing, operations and maintenance of a deliverable system. The engineer will help design the COTS architecture to meet technical GPS requirements. The Architect tasking includes assessing new products and hardware platforms. They will also work within IPT and segment system and software engineering to assure COTS consistency.
The COTS Architect will:
- Ensure COTs/GOTs products are configured to satisfy program requirements
- Coordinate technical interchange meetings with product vendors and team stake holders (including SEIT COTs/GOTs POC)
- Represent GPS Development IPT’s in COTs/GOTs trade studies
- Work with architecture/software/engineering teams to understand COTs/GOTs
- Work with COTs/GOTs manager and other process team members to develop/document approval and control workflow
- Ensure COTs/GOTs training is provided to engineering teams
- Help with environment requirement definition, studies, updates to attachment 7 & design reviews
- Coordinate program-wide changes to COTS/GOTS baselines
– The POC to resolve differences.
- Support and actively participate in tech refresh/obsolescence issues across environments
- Ensure common processes are in place and followed
– attend boards a necessary
• Strong analytic and research skills
• Ability to interact with external personnel on technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite
• Have at least 6 years experience in industry
• Experience designing/implementing program/enterprise environments
• Experience conducting and participating in technical review meetings
• Experience working in an environment with Change Control
BS/BA in Engineering (Aerospace, Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, Physics, Math), or 8 years equivalent experience if non-degreed
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc. is an award-winning national technology service provider to federal entities, DoD prime contractors, and commercial customers. We recently ranked 9th out of the top 100 providers of Systems Engineering Services to the Federal Government. Columbus is headquartered in El Segundo, California with multiple regional offices, including Greenbelt, Maryland and Atlanta, Georgia.
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc. is and Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain an affirmative action plan and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. EEO/AA/MFDV
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening may be required. All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates with applicable experience may be considered for an open position.
We are here to assist you. If you are disabled and require accommodation or assistance in applying for a position or completing an application, please call Ryan Nagahiro, Recruiting Manager at 310-356-5660 to arrange for a meeting over the phone or in-person.
As a Federal Contractor, Columbus participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.