Sr. Software Engineer (191)
Posted: August 05, 2013
Location: Aurora CO
Duration - 1 year
· United States Citizen
· Minimum 4-6 years working experience in object-oriented software design and development using Java
· Software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary
· Experience with software execution throughout the entire software life cycle (preliminary design through maintenance phases)
· Ability to provide process improvement suggestions and review of others’ suggested changes
· Demonstrated aptitude and desire to acquire leadership experience
· Well organized, proactive and capable of assisting with COTS baseline management
· 2-4 years experience working with Microsoft Windows OS based development
· Work related experience with code analysis tools such as Purify and Klocwork
· Work related experience in implementing and working to a continuous integration paradigm
· Work related experience with XML
· Work related experience with Perl
· Completed Raytheon 6-sigma certification
· Experience with application development involving RDBMS (such as Oracle, mySQL, etc)
· Familiarity with Fortran, including Fortran 90, 95, and 2003
· Experience with UML design modeling in modeling tools such as Rhapsody
· Experience and knowledge related to Satellite Ground Systems and Ground System Operations
· Experience and knowledge related to software discipline process development and deployment
· Experience with customer interaction and end-user engagement
· Experience integrating software (modules, components, subsystems)
· Experience preparing and presenting status information and technical material
· Familiarity working with other engineering disciplines (systems, hardware, test, configuration management, and quality engineering) and knowledge of how they interact with the software engineering discipline
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related field
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc. is an award-winning national technology service provider to federal entities, DoD prime contractors, and commercial customers. We recently ranked 9th out of the top 100 providers of Systems Engineering Services to the Federal Government. Columbus is headquartered in El Segundo, California with multiple regional offices, including Greenbelt, Maryland and Atlanta, Georgia.
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc. is and Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain an affirmative action plan and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. EEO/AA/MFDV
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening may be required. All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates with applicable experience may be considered for an open position.
We are here to assist you. If you are disabled and require accommodation or assistance in applying for a position or completing an application, please call Ryan Nagahiro, Recruiting Manager at 310-356-5660 to arrange for a meeting over the phone or in-person.
As a Federal Contractor, Columbus participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.