Software Engineer (305)
Posted: April 10, 2014
Location: Greenbelt MD
Period of Performance: now through March 31, 2015
Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
The EOSDIS is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing. The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the NASA EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
1. As a member of the team you will participate in the design and development of the next generation application platform for the NASA EED program. . Internally this role is one of a DevOps engineer.
2. Ensure compliance to various program/project and NASA standards and requirements as well as the legal requirements of (SEC-508).
3. Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary.
1. 5-8 years of in-depth full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
2. In-depth understanding of application hosting, including the use of virtual machine
3. 5-8 years of programming experience in Java, Ruby on Rails or Clojure, particularly within an Agile development environment.
4. 5-8 years of experience with the UNIX OS and server side scripting languages.
5. 3-5 years of experience deploying code to virtual machines using best-of-breed software packages for CI (continuous integration)/CD (continuous deployment) tools. Examples of tools are Capistrano, Bamboo, Puppet, and Chef
6. Must have proven ability to manage, prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities.
7. Energetic, self motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration and open communications.
8. Must possess the ability to assess architecture and current system limitations.
1. Experience with cloud computing/architectures
2. Understanding of hardware and networking equipment design.
3. Experience with implementing and maintaining hardware and networking components such as servers, routers and switches.
4. Experience in designing and implementing, and supporting infrastructures and operations. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc. is an award-winning national technology service provider to federal entities, DoD prime contractors, and commercial customers. We recently ranked 9th out of the top 100 providers of Systems Engineering Services to the Federal Government. Columbus is headquartered in El Segundo, California with multiple regional offices, including Greenbelt, Maryland and Atlanta, Georgia.
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc. is and Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain an affirmative action plan and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. EEO/AA/MFDV
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening may be required. All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates with applicable experience may be considered for an open position.
We are here to assist you. If you are disabled and require accommodation or assistance in applying for a position or completing an application, please call Ryan Nagahiro, Recruiting Manager at 310-356-5660 to arrange for a meeting over the phone or in-person.
As a Federal Contractor, Columbus participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.