Applications Developer (312)
Posted: April 15, 2014
Location: Pasadena CA
Serve as a web application developer in support of multiple efforts, and will:
• Design, prototype and implement features for our suite of web sites and applications
• Develop and debug web services on multiple platforms
• Design and develop solutions with the latest .Net and SharePoint technologies
• Develop web parts, master pages for SharePoint
• Play a development role on strategic projects
• Review business requirements and functional specifications
• Participate in the creation of Technical Specifications Code and Implement new product features
• Diagnose and fix bugs in new and existing code
• Participate in peer code reviews
• Assist in maturing software development standards
• Exercise source code control methods
• Ability to Troubleshoot production issues
• Passion for clean, usable pages, and interfaces built on semantic, reusable code
• Ability to create and modify images with Photoshop
• Ability to develop and write code in .Net (C#) 4 or higher, with working knowledge of MVC
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, incorporate innovations and stay up to date with industry and business directions.
• Diagnosing and fixing bugs in new and existing code
• Work with development team to integrate new technologies into the corporate infrastructure.
• Provide assistance to other IT staff in the deployment of configuration, migrations and upgrades when needed.
• Work closely with other Systems and Business Analysts in a development environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, project management certifications/background, broad understanding of industry trends and development and design patterns.
• Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
• Experience with other mobile technologies such as iOS, Windows Phone, and/or BlackBerry
• Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2010
• Experience with a variety of technologies such as: SQL Server (2000/2005/2008), SharePoint (preferably MOSS 2007/2010).
• Development with Windows SharePoint Services (WSS)
• Development experience with InfoPath forms and publishing to SharePoint 2010
• SharePoint workflow design/develop/debugging and work with Business Connectivity Services, Information Architecture and Master Page styling
• Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012 as required to manage a SharePoint farm.
• Experience with various web technologies such as: .NET (1.0/2.0), ASP.NET, SharePoint, HTML, SQL, Java, ActiveX, SharePoint 2007/2010 Object Model.
• IIS Administration and Microsoft Sharepoint Services 2.0/3.0, 2007/2010 Administration
• Working knowledge of virtual machine environments
We are looking for these skills:
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc. is an award-winning national technology service provider to federal entities, DoD prime contractors, and commercial customers. We recently ranked 9th out of the top 100 providers of Systems Engineering Services to the Federal Government. Columbus is headquartered in El Segundo, California with multiple regional offices, including Greenbelt, Maryland and Atlanta, Georgia.
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc. is and Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain an affirmative action plan and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. EEO/AA/MFDV
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening may be required. All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates with applicable experience may be considered for an open position.
We are here to assist you. If you are disabled and require accommodation or assistance in applying for a position or completing an application, please call Ryan Nagahiro, Recruiting Manager at 310-356-5660 to arrange for a meeting over the phone or in-person.
As a Federal Contractor, Columbus participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.