Electrical Engineer (LabView)
Job opening ID
Electrical Engineer (LabView)
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
7 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Performs complicated and difficult electrical engineering work of major complexity. Utilizes an extensive background to assist in the completion and execution of varied systems, LAN/WAN applications or aerospace hardware/software engineering. Formulates recommendations on routine technical problems with limited guidance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned: Provides engineering support for requirements analysis, feasibility studies, specification development, interface design, logistics analysis and human engineering activities. Conducts independent technical investigation involving the application of the principles of electronics in the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements. Performs applications/security/test engineering. Assumes lead in evaluating/modifying existing systems and recommending changes. Prepares design specifications, analyses and prepares recommendations for presentation and approval. Prepares activity progress reports. Maintains files/records/operational data related to assigned contract. Maintains technical currency and competence. Provides technical guidance to lower-level personnel. Performs other duties as assigned.
The candidate requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master's degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD with a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing requirements for measurement and control systems based on user needs.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretionary and independent judgment in evaluating potential approaches and solutions to instrumentation problems.
- Proven decision-making and problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot highly complex real-time FPGA based control systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing measurement and control systems using LabVIEW for Windows
- Experience with the National Instruments hardware platform.
- Working knowledge of digital electronics, digital data busses, protocols, and systems implemented with digital electronics.
- Experience and/or understanding of hardware/software interfaces.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently under a set schedule.
- Proven ability to establish task priorities and manage change as the project/task evolves in reaction to new requirements.
- Capability to advise the project/management on instrumentation industry trends that can either obsolete or improve a measurement and/or a control system.
Number of positions