Mechanical Parts Librarian
Job opening ID
Mechanical Parts Librarian
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
16 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
As a member of the Engineering Administrative Office (EAO) reporting to the Group Supervisor of Engineering Tools and Data Management (3015), the Mechanical Computer Aided Design (MCAD) Librarian will be a key contributor to the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Project, focused on MCAD libraries in Siemens Teamcenter. Responsibilities include:
• Define, implement, and verify the governance, process, and standards for the JPL Standard Parts library.
• Design, manage, and release all standard mechanical parts (2D and 3D) into the JPL Standard Parts library.
• Develop, write, and publish Standard Parts design and installation specification.
• Identify, communicate, and develop mechanical Standard Parts design and manufacturing “best practices”.
• Provide consultation to design engineering on proper Standard Parts selection considering assembly performance requirements, corrosion, and manufacturing.
• Establish test requirements necessary to validate Standard Parts and specific joints.
• Ensure Standard Parts engineering procedures meet applicable quality, safety, housekeeping, and performance standards.
• Remain up to date with mechanical Standard Parts design trends and development.
• Clearly and concisely communicate on all aspects of mechanical Standard Parts to JPL Product/Design engineering and manufacturing teams.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Materials Science or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Extensive experience with Siemens Teamcenter UA v10.
• Proficiency with MCAD tools such as NX version 10 or higher.
• Practical experience with standard/fastener part selection, joint analysis, testing both design and manufacturing requirements
• Have authored Fastener design standards and manufacturing quality installation specification.
• Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively manage time-lines and expectations, and produce high-quality deliverables.
• Experience reviewing processes to ensure they are efficient and consistently reproduced over and over again.
• Ability to articulate solution ideas with clarity; excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively redesign existing engineering systems to improve operational/business efficiency.
• Experience with Mechanical/Electrical CAD tools, Model-based Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical Analysis tools.
• Strong understanding of configuration control and change management. • Strong knowledge of major business processes and process re-engineering.
Number of positions