Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
18 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Overview Plans, designs, and evaluates new and existing computer network systems and services, including local area networks, wide area networks, intranets, and the Internet, providing analytical, technical, and administrative support. Typical Functions Plans, oversees, develops, and implements network policies and procedures and ensures network integrity as maintenance and modification projects to existing applications are undertaken. Troubleshoots network issues. Installs and upgrades network equipment and software. Creates and maintains documentation relating to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records. Establishes and documents network technical support processes and procedures. Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications. Establishes voice and network standards regarding new technologies and applications. Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports. Acts as technical liaison between clients, customers, and vendors resolve issues as needed.
• Practical working knowledge of Juniper, Cisco, F5, Palo Alto,
• Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting LANs, WANS, and networking technologies
• Practical knowledge of protocols OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, VRF, IPSEC, QOS, DNS, VTP, Broadcast, Multicast and GRE.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in network and communications engineering.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards of LANs and telecommunication interfaces; with a knowledge of network switch and routing protocols; familiarity of network services applications. Ability to perform problem identification, reporting, and resolution of task.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in Virtual Private Networks
• Extensive Experience with network firewall technologies and security appliances
• Experience with designing high traffic networks and security practices for Data Center Networks, which includes Loadbalancing , Firewall design, traffic engineering, Network redundancy, and Disaster recovery. • Multidisciplinary knowledge regularly used in the application and development of advanced principles, theories and concepts in network engineering and operations.
• Experience with network automation via a programing language.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
• Working knowledge of programing knowledge Python, Shell, Bash, Perl, Java, API, Ansible, json, SOAP, Ruby, and REST.
• Extensive experience gathering requirements from different business units, stakeholders and engineering teams.
• Recent experience in systems engineering applied to computing or network architectures. Achievement in developing breakthrough solutions to challenging technical problems. Familiarity with the Aerospace community.
• Current Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification or Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate
• Current Palo Alto Certification
• Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience
Number of positions