Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
6 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Performs complicated and difficult electrical engineering work of major complexity. Utilizes an extensive background to assist in the completion and execution of varied systems, LAN/WAN applications or aerospace hardware/software engineering. Formulates recommendations on routine technical problems with limited guidance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned: Provides engineering support for requirements analysis, feasibility studies, specification development, interface design, logistics analysis and human engineering activities.
Conducts independent technical investigation involving the application of the principles of electronics in the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements.
Performs applications/security/test engineering.
Assumes lead in evaluating/modifying existing systems and recommending changes.
Prepares design specifications, analyses and prepares recommendations for presentation and approval.
Prepares activity progress reports.
Maintains files/records/operational data related to assigned contract. Maintains technical currency and competence.
Provides technical guidance to lower-level personnel.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Wide ranging experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: flight hardware integration and test; systems engineering; and flight telecommunications systems and instruments.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in flight hardware integration and test plus support equipment design, build, assembly, test, and delivery.
• Complete knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in flight hardware integration and test.
Complete knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
• Extensive experience in the delivery of flight instrument or flight subsystem hardware.
• Record of successful flight project delivery responsibility.
• Demonstrated experience with customer interaction in an unstructured environment.
• Strong background with space flight, software and GSE hardware requirements, design, build, and test to include test plans and procedures, generation of Instructions for Build, Assemble and Test (formerly AIDS), mission assurance and reliability assurance documentation, and delivery documentation.
• Demonstrated creativity and exercise of sound engineering judgment to develop practical and innovative solutions to challenging problems.
• Demonstrated ability to handle JPL IT Security Processes as applied to computers in GSE and bench checkout equipment.
• Familiarity with basic software configuration management principles and high level software development practices
• Labview programming
• High power testing experience
Number of positions