Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
4 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
The Enterprise Business Information Services (EBIS) Division maintains stewardship over the ever-evolving Business IT portfolio of applications and systems required to support the Laboratory's robust and complex business processes. EBIS manages the full systems lifecycle across all major business processes, provides technical services and support, and strategically partners with the Laboratory's business community. Key organizational initiatives include a business intelligence program, data analytics, and adopting agile methodologies and tools.
This position will be responsible for developing a front-end application to support the Laboratory’s Project Work Breakdown Structure Input and Maintenance application. This includes creating modules and components and coupling them into a functional application. This position will be working with other Angular and back-end developers, and communicate with the API using standard methods. A thorough understanding of all of the components of our platform and infrastructure is required.
• Perform routine job functions and activities within assigned area
• Work in collaboration with other team members in the Payroll and labor accounting Information Services Office to maintain, enhance and extend functionality for payroll and labor accounting tools
• Collaborate with system analysts, developers, database administrators (DBAs) and system administrators (SA) to troubleshoot and resolve production issues
• Design, develop, test, and implement enhancements to existing EBIS applications
• Work closely with systems analysts, system engineers and functional users within JPL on various projects
• Ensure compliance with all Division 22 IT information (including PII data) security practices and policies
• Maintain development skill sets via continuous education and learning
• Work independently and with limited supervision on key assignments including projects and maintenance activities
• Contribute as a team member on teams inside or outside the organization
• Communicate effectively effectively within the team and with outside organizations.
• Work on day-to-day assignments under direct supervision; receive detailed instructions on new assignments
• Use applicable policies, procedures and practices as guides to determine work methods and deliver results
• Interact with functional users for third party applications and Oracle applications within JPL and Caltech
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment to develop and implement solutions to complex, multi-dimensional problems
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline with at least 3 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 1 year of experience.
• 2+ years experience developing Angular applications; preferably, business/forms based applications
• Experience in the full life-cycle development of front-end apps using Angular
• Knowledge of Angular application architecture and design experience
• Proficient in Angular practices and commonly used modules based on work experience
• Proficient in object-oriented programming
• Experience in creating self-contained, reusable and testable modules and components.
• Experience with automated testing tools such as Karma and Jasmine (unit testing), and Protractor (end-to-end/regression)
• Experience in ensuring clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system
• Have a thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
• Experience in validating user action on the client side and providing responsive feedback
• Experience in creating custom, general use modules and components, which extend the elements and modules of core Angular
• Able to quickly grasp new concepts, incorporate innovations and stay up to date with industry and business directions
• Ability to evaluate and analyze potential approaches and solutions to critical problems that fall within level of expertise
• Have application documentation experience such as System level, modules and individual components. (Available for review prior to interview).
• Demonstrated implementation of best practices (SW Development and Angular framework)
• Experience in Java
• Knowledge of Oracle Database and development tools.
Number of positions