RF Test Engineer
Job opening ID
RF Test Engineer
RF Test Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
7 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Training will be provided
Designs, develops, and tests radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave systems architecture, components, circuits, or products including antenna design, frequency synthesizers, and receiver front-ends. May include specifying, designing and testing for compatibility with applicable electromagnetic environments. Performs complex and varied job functions and activities within discipline.
• Performs complex and varied job functions and activities within discipline.
• Analyzes and summarizes results from complex SW simulations and HW tests results to verify RF system functionality and to characterize RF components
• Applies extensive understanding in field of knowledge to conduct full evaluation of current RF components, subsystems, and systems
• Applies extensive understanding of standards and practices to generate all required documentation of RF components, circuits, systems and subsystems
• Designs complex RF components and circuits
• Develops new technologies and concepts for improvement of existing and future products.
• Applies broad knowledge in field to evaluate customer engineering requirements and devises approaches to meet requirements
• Develops and prepares complex requirements and interface agreements
• Performs complex analyses and trade studies
• Publishes own work at conference proceedings
• Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on concept development teams to apply discipline-specific expertise to devise and/or validate solutions to technical challenges and to benchmark and validate new approaches
• Applies extensive understanding and application in field of knowledge to contribute proposal data and graphic analysis on Proposal or Concept Study Report (CSR) Development.
• Adapts complex technical models to create an improved product for the organization • Extensive understanding and wide application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in a relevant field of knowledge.
• Has broad knowledge in one or more related fields of knowledge.
• Has extensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards.
• Has extensive knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
• Works independently on important assignments and projects with only limited supervision, typically receiving only general instructions.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment to compare and evaluate various methods, approaches, and resources and decide which will best accomplish each aspect of such assignments and projects.
• Work is evaluated upon completion for results.
• Responsible for approving others' work and ensuring compliance with requirements on significant projects and assignments.
• Bachelors with 3 years of related experience
• Masters with 1 year of related experience
• PhD with 0 years of related experience
• Occasional interactions with industry organizations.
• Contributes as a key team member on teams inside or outside own organization, project, activity or function.
• May lead teams.
Number of positions