FPGA Verification Engineer
Job opening ID
FPGA Verification Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
1 year contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Performs complicated and difficult electrical engineering work of major complexity. Utilizes an extensive background to assist in the completion and execution of varied systems, LAN/WAN applications or aerospace hardware/software engineering. Formulates recommendations on routine technical problems with limited guidance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned: Provides engineering support for requirements analysis, feasibility studies, specification development, interface design, logistics analysis and human engineering activities. Conducts independent technical investigation involving the application of the principles of electronics in the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements. Performs applications/security/test engineering. Assumes lead in evaluating/modifying existing systems and recommending changes. Prepares design specifications, analyses and prepares recommendations for presentation and approval. Prepares activity progress reports. Maintains files/records/operational data related to assigned contract. Maintains technical currency and competence. Provides technical guidance to lower-level personnel. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent work experience required, MSEE preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of FPGA design verification experience with a proven track record of successfully verifying and delivering complex FPGAs.
· Experience in going through several complete and successful FPGA design/verification cycles from architecting and creation of FPGA test environment to release to customer.
· Possesses a full understanding of design using Verilog, and working experience with "C".
· Strong leadership/communication/interpersonal skills required.
· Proven track record in the following areas of DV required:
o Test bench design and implementation.
o Test plan definition.
o Constrained random test development.
o Coverage specification and analysis.
o Reference model design and implementation
Automation of the regression test suite
· Solid technical skills in the area of design verification:
o Software design and programming skills in "C" language.
o SystemVerilog, or equivalent object oriented verification environment.
o Solid verification skills: planning, problem solving, debugging, random testing, adversarial testing required.
Experience in DSP based FPGA designs is highly desirable.
Number of positions