A/V Technician (On Call)
Job opening ID
A/V Technician (On Call)
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
2 month contract position
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Audiovisual Technician. Will provide real-time audiovisual and IT-based assistance for live events, conferences, meetings, narrated power points, TV broadcasts and streaming. Will set-up, break-down, test, and operate specialized audio and video equipment to support productions, meetings and events- on and off JPL. Will communicate and interact with clients and Television Operations crew to fulfill audiovisual needs. Will assist technical staff in installing audio, video, multimedia, and stage equipment, based on plans developed by Television Operations or clients. Will work within a team, but will also provide assistance to presenters independently. Will provide technical support during events and video recordings to assure high quality displays and audio performance. Will monitor and maintain quality control standards for equipment in auditoriums, conference rooms, multimedia rooms, and other locations. May perform minor repairs, adjustments, and troubleshooting. May assist in tape and film archival organization and documentation. Will perform other duties as assigned to support JPL Television Operations.
Operational experience with projectors, monitors, stage sets, and audio equipment. Proficient with both Macs and PCs in meeting and conference settings. Understanding of video formats, file formats and streaming/web technology. Professional experience with audiovisual support for live events. Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast video equipment and terminology and/or teleconferencing. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Understanding of video cameras, microphones, presentation and teleconferencing software and audio systems. Ability to adhere to JPL policies and procedures. Ability to interact with a wide range of people in a courteous and professional manner. Ability to keep information confidential. Able to lift 25 pounds. A.A. Degree plus 1 year of professional audiovisual technical support, or the equivalent.
• Proficient in live audiovisual and IT-based assistance for live events, conferences, meetings, productions, video recordings, TV broadcasts and streaming.
• Ability to set-up, breakdown, test, and operate specialized audio and video equipment to support video productions, meetings, events and more.
• Communicates professionally and interacts with clients and TV Operations to plan and fulfill audiovisual needs.
• Provides technical assistance to clients to assure proper display of presentations or media during events.
• Monitor and maintain quality control standards for equipment in auditoriums, conference rooms, multimedia rooms, and other locations.
• Perform minor repairs, adjustments, and troubleshooting.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support JPL Television Operations.
Number of positions