Production Control Clerk
Job opening ID
Production Control Clerk
Roles and responsibilities
Must be US Citizen
29 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
This position compiles and records production data for industrial establishments to compare records and reports on volume of production, consumption of material, quality control, and other aspects of production. May perform any combination of the following duties: compile and record production data from customer orders, work tickets, product specifications, and individual worker production sheets following prescribed recording procedures and using different word processing techniques. This Clerk calculates such factors as types and quantities of items produced, materials used, amount of scrap, frequency of defects, and worker and department production rates, using a computer, calculator, and/or spreadsheets. Additional tasks include: writing production reports based on data compiled, tabulated and computed, following prescribed formats, maintaining files of documents used and prepared, compiling detailed production sheets or work tickets for use by production workers as guides in assembly or manufacture of products. This Clerk prepares written work schedules based on established guidelines and priorities, compiles material inventory records and prepares requisitions for procurement of materials and supplies charts production using chart, graph, or pegboard based on statistics compiled for reference by production and management personnel.
• Bachelors or Associate Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or similar discipline with minimum of 3 years of experience. Master’s Degree in similar discipline with 1 year of related experience.
• Broad knowledge in an electronics hardware manufacturing environment.
• Broad understanding of production planning, operations management, and/or supply chain management.
• Broad understanding of complex principles, theories, concepts and techniques in enterprise/material resource planning, engineering design process and aerospace hardware.
• Has broad knowledge in the improvement of manufacturing processes that significantly improved cost, schedule, and/or technical performance.
• Broad knowledge of enterprise/material resource planning, engineering design process, and aerospace hardware.
• Desired knowledge in engineering and business processes, information systems, and space flight hardware.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
• Excellent customer support skills.
• Demonstrated leadership in an electronics hardware manufacturing environment in a multi-project and product build environment.
• Demonstrated leadership in the improvement of engineering and/or manufacturing processes that significantly improved cost, schedule, and/or technical performance.
• Demonstrated accomplishment in the coordination and prioritization of tasks that involve multiple customers with potentially different requirements. Vision to improve high mix and low volume electronic fabrication business.
• Experience with processes relating to science and engineering development activities, material/enterprise resource planning (i.e. Oracle), supply chain management processes, and/or hardware inventory management systems.
• Desire to develop and implement new processes in delivering inventory and information to JPL projects and customers.
• Must be a self-motivated individual who can work independently and in a team environment
Number of positions