Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be US Citizen
On going contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Will be responsible for the Attitude Control and Reaction Control Subsystems (ACS/RCS), and their integration into the spacecraft design, and their implementation within the MMO system.
Evaluate the preliminary discussions and recommendations for the Attitude Control/ Reaction Control Subsystems already made, and in consultation with the rest of the engineering staff, revise or proceed with detailed assessment of the candidate vendors.
Will be responsible for fully understanding the requirements on, designs of, functional capabilities of, and be responsible for integrating the Attitude Control/ Reaction Control Subsystems control software, both within their Attitude Control/ Reaction Control Subsystems controller and within the spacecraft control software operating within Computer & Data Handling.
• Work closely with the Lead Software Engineer to design and implement any additional processing software.
• Will additionally lead the design and implementation of the spacecraft electrical harness (power and data), working closely with the Spacecraft Lead Engineer and Deputy Project Manager and Spacecraft Vehicle Lead Engineer, and other members of the MMO engineering team.
• University degree in relevant engineering disciplines (includes electrical, mechanical, aerospace engineering)
• Advanced degree and/or equivalent industry experience in relevant disciplines
• Expertise and/or experience with real life small satellite flight systems (not power points)
• Expertise and/or experience with development of systems using modern engineering components and processes
• Other Desires
• Enthusiasm, interest, and potentially experience in real small spacecraft missions
• Enthusiasm, interest, and potentially experience in deep space missions
Number of positions