Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be US Citizen
On going contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Evaluate the candidate spacecraft operating systems based on Linux and its system services and standard application software and languages, and/or the Goddard Space Flight Center’s Core Flight Software System and its Core Flight Executive, Libraries, and Applications.
• Establish a plan for integrating software that accompanies the various commercial electronic subsystems into a cohesive package for the MMO spacecraft.
• Integrate the software for each subsystem, either written by the commercial vendors and/or modified by the MMO cognizant engineers responsible for those subsystems, or exclusively by the MMO cognizant engineers, into a coherent MMO flight software package.
• Supervising, guiding, and reviewing) any flight software the MMO engineering staff develops for their subsystems.
• Develop as comprehensive test plan for verification and validation of the flight software, with the other MMO engineering conducting this test plan.
• Develop a plan for ground data system software adaptation or new development, at an appropriate time within the mission development schedule
• University degree in relevant engineering disciplines (includes electrical, mechanical, aerospace engineering)
• Advanced degree and/or equivalent industry experience in relevant disciplines
• Expertise and/or experience with real life small satellite flight systems (not power points)
• Expertise and/or experience with development of systems using modern engineering components and processes
• Other Desires
• Enthusiasm, interest, and potentially experience in real small spacecraft missions
• Enthusiasm, interest, and potentially experience in deep space missions
Number of positions