Aerospace Quality Engineer
Job opening ID
Aerospace Quality Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be US Citizen
On going contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Responsible for planning, developing and implementing techniques, processes and procedures for controlling and maintaining the required level of quality for all goods and services supplied by MSSS. Responsible for establishing quality programs and procedures for all incoming material as well as outgoing products. Responsible for reviewing product design with Sr. Design Engineers, coordinating with Production Engineer, suppliers and customers to resolve quality issues and meet audit requirements.
• Review customer requirements to support proposals and contract negotiations.
• Review screening, qualification, and inspection data for received materials and assemblies; Manage non-conformance system and work with vendor, design engineers, and project engineer to resolve non-conformances.
• Support audits of MSSS quality systems by our customers and work to resolve audit findings.
• Schedule and lead internal audits in accordance with ISO9001 / AS9100 Quality Management System standards and MSSS procedures and policies.
• Review, plan and lead implementation of corrective actions of the management system procedures, policies and internal audit checklist.
• Work alongside project and design engineers to vet prospective vendors, establish vendor quality requirements, and perform site visits and quality audits at vendor facilities; Maintain approved supplier list.
• Maintain limited shelf-life materials list and oversee the corresponding control program.
• Control processes for component and material traceability to the lot code, date code, serial number level using per-assembly as-built lists.
• Oversee production to determine causes for faulty work, conduct failure analyses, and determine root cause and corrective actions. Work with engineering staff on quality issues.
• Maintain quality control documents, quality standards, inspection and test methods. In connection with this function create/maintain requirements for inspection and testing methods, techniques for equipment and facilities.
• Accountable for compliance with government and commercial customer regulations/requirements and audits, as well as writing detailed product specifications.
• Maintain Engineering Change Request (ECR) records for MSSS designs and work instructions. Act as liaison between individuals to successfully implement ECRs.
Requires B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field and 3+ years experience working with AS/ISO family of standards especially AS9100.
3+ years experience overseeing quality assurance of mission critical activities.
Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic.
ASQ Quality certifications
Number of positions