Software Systems Engineer
Job opening ID
Software Systems Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be US Citizen
1 year contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
This will be an opportunity to apply your project and organization leadership skills and partner with other IT experts to implement advanced web technologies to lead and shape the architecture of complex systems. You will serve as the voice of the system throughout the product development life cycle by:
• Implementing software solutions that may be commercial off-the-shelf or internally developed.
• Planning system development and deployment and ensuring software compliance and quality standards. • Ensuring system is achievable within available resources and project timeline and that requirements are met
• Designing and defining system architecture for new or existing highly complex and critical computer-based systems.
• Leading design efforts; establishing design patterns and rules; researching and applying best industry practices.
• Serving as a liaison to the customer throughout the entire system life cycle; advising customers and management.
• Developing prototypes and storyboards to validate user requirements.
• Partnering with other engineers and management to oversee highly complex and critical system integration.
• Verifying and approving highly complex and critical test plans.
• Leading the evaluation, modification and improvements to the testing processes and results for software systems and subsystems.
• Typically requires Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus 6 or more years of related experience; or Master's degree in relevant discipline plus 4 or more years’ experience; or Doctorate in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant discipline).
• Experience in information architecture and information retrieval
• Demonstrated software development skills and familiarity with modern software development practices and tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with web and software application development.
• Excellent communication skills, agility in adapting to change, and focus on quality.
• Proven success in working with high-performing teams.
• Outstanding customer service skills, and effective project leadership skills.
• Demonstrated strong strategic thinking skill, and ability to see and convey the big picture.
• Strong critical thinking and synthesis; ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced, customer-focused operation.
• Excellent listening and communications.
Number of positions