Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be US Citizen
13 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
As an Environmental Engineer Level 2, you will be supporting the JPL’s Environmental Affairs Program Office (EAPO) which manages a variety of environmental programs including, but not limited to Affirmative Procurement/Pollution Prevention, Hazardous Waste Disposal, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Environmental Inspections.
The candidate will: support the Environmental Affairs Program Office on the following existing programs, and other ad hoc assignments as deemed necessary
- Pollution Prevention/Affirmative Procurement: chemical use review and approvals for purchase; recommend chemical substitutions for chemical procurements; data entry, database management and all required reporting requirements.
- NEPA: provide support for Senior Engineer on Construction of Facility (CoF) on-Lab and off-Lab field research projects; maintain NEPA project status reports and assist with documentation for all on-Lab and off-Lab research projects.
- Medical waste: will act as lead for the medical waste disposal for the Laboratory. Provide all documentation, reporting requirements and coordination of disposal as required.
- Environmental Inspections: participate in environmental inspections focusing on general facilities and research labs. Report potential environmental concerns to respective cognitive engineer, provide documentation and reports as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years related experience, Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 year related experience; PhD in similar disciplines.
- Experience over a broad range of environmental disciplines including, but not limited to: Pollution Prevention/Affirmative Procurement, NEPA, medical waste disposal and Environmental Inspections.
- Experience working with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, and related environmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to identify environmental impacts from proposed construction activities.
- Experience in training personnel and demonstrated ability to instruct personnel on established procedures.
- Demonstrated task leadership skills with excellent interpersonal and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have ability to work alone or in team environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with good follow-through.
- Capability of following directions and procedures.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Number of positions