Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be US Citizen
13 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
As an Environmental Engineer Level 2, you will be supporting the JPL’s Environmental Affairs Program Office (EAPO) which manages a variety of environmental programs including, but not limited to Air Quality, Hazardous Waste Disposal and Environmental Inspection programs.
The candidate will: provide field support and inspections for existing air quality, hazardous waste, and environmental inspection programs. Be responsible for data compilation, database entry and database maintenance for existing environmental programs for air quality and hazardous waste management. Candidate will support EAPO staff with Waste Characterization Study and other ad hoc assignments as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Experience over a broad range of environmental disciplines including, but not limited to air quality and hazardous waste management.
- Experience working with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, and an emphasis on environmental laws and regulations for South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), and Title 22 of the California Code for hazardous waste management.
- Ability to identify environmental impacts from proposed construction activities.
- Experience in training personnel and demonstrated ability to instruct personnel on established procedures. Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated task leadership skills with excellent interpersonal and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have ability to work alone or in team environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with good follow-through.
- Capability of following directions and procedures
Number of positions