Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be US Citizen
Week to week contract position
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Provide staff assistant support to two Program Offices, the Astrophysics and Heliophysics Formulation Office and the NASA Space Technology Program Office, includes supporting multiple managers and key program staff. Also provide back-up to the Astronomy & Physics Directorate office when needed. Duties include: screening and directing incoming phone calls and mail to appropriate personnel; greeting, escorting and directing visitors, arranging and processing complex domestic and foreign programmatic and conference travel arrangements and reports for the program staff and for external partners (affiliates); arranging large meetings that include JPL employee and external partners and reserving conference rooms; managing calendars using MS Outlook; ordering refreshments for large meetings with external partners; creating and modifying PowerPoint presentations; creating and modifying letters, memos, spreadsheets and reports using Word and Excel; maintaining files, both hardcopy and electronic, including using Docushare; purchasing and maintaining supplies using iProcurement;, processing visit requests using JPLID.
• Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 10 years of related experience; Associates’ degree with a minimum of 6 year of related experience; Bachelor’s degree and 3 year of related experience or related training.
• Thorough understanding of general job aspects specifically in the secretarial/administrative support profession with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Expert knowledge of office procedures and proficiency in office automation applications: MS Office, Outlook email and calendar, Docushare, iProcurement, JPLID, and conference room equipment
• Willingness to learn new technologies and tools to enhance and/or improve office procedures and processes as needed.
• Excellent customer service attitude and professionalism in interfacing with all levels of personnel within and across multiple organizations
• Ability to work effectively as a team member
• Ability to balance competing priorities, work effectively under pressure and prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment.
• Highly organized with excellent planning & scheduling skills, typing, spelling, grammar, written and oral communication skills.
• Proactive self-starter who takes the initiative to perform activities and recognize and resolve unusual or nonstandard problems.
• Ability to evaluate situations and apply good judgment in any necessary resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately handle discreet information
Thorough knowledge of JPL’s policies, procedures, and practices.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in timekeeping, Concur travel system, foreign and domestic travel policies and procedures.
• Experience with Sharepoint
• Experience with WebEx
Number of positions