Supply Chain Specialist
Job opening ID
Supply Chain Specialist
Roles and responsibilities
Must be US Citizen
1 year contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
In this position, you will be responsible for:
• Work independently to plan, coordinate, and provide scheduling reports to JPL management and hold daily production meetings to help all understand loads, capacity restraints and any issues related to resources available.
• Work very closely with Flight technician Group Supervisor on budget and schedule reports, accounts, resources, personnel, capital equipment purchases, audits and other activities.
• Schedule work for flight techs based on estimated hours and resource constraints.
• Tracking walk-in work through the shop and negotiate schedule changes with all stakeholders.
• The individual will report administratively to the Mechanical Fabrication Flight techs Group.
• Bachelors with 3 years of related experience or Masters with 1 years of related experience or PhD with related experience in manufacturing operations and planning experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; and excellent computer skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and proven ability in: master scheduling, capacity planning, materials requirements planning (MRP), standards, bottlenecks, efficiency and performance metrics, continuous improvement, materials and supply chain management, project scheduling and critical path methodologies.
• Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
• Leads teams that address resource and material issues.
• Evaluates and identifies critical problems with inventory, production schedules, or materials shortages and makes recommendations for resolution.
• Has advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards.
• Works independently on key projects and assignments with only limited direction, typically receiving few or no instructions.
• Accountable for team results on such projects and assignments, including performance standards, budget and schedule.
• Proficient in database and spreadsheet environments
• APICS-CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) designated supply chain professional. • Experienced in typical manufacturing (machine shop) resources and Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) and their capabilities and limitations.
• Experience in Oracle (Discreet Manufacturing).
• Experience with database programming and advanced Excel spreadsheet functions (Pivot Tables). • Experience with MS Project or other critical path network scheduling tools.
• Experience in Earned Value Management (EVM), and various performance measurement techniques. • Experience with cost-schedule baseline change control processes.
Number of positions