Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
9 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Performs complicated and difficult electrical engineering work of major complexity. Utilizes an extensive background to assist in the completion and execution of varied systems, LAN/WAN applications or aerospace hardware/software engineering. Formulates recommendations on routine technical problems with limited guidance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Provides engineering support for requirements analysis, feasibility studies, specification development, interface design, logistics analysis and human engineering activities.
Conducts independent technical investigation involving the application of the principles of electronics in the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements.
Performs applications/security/test engineering. Assumes lead in evaluating/modifying existing systems and recommending changes.
Prepares design specifications, analyses and prepares recommendations for presentation and approval. Prepares activity progress reports.
Maintains files/records/operational data related to assigned contract.
Maintains technical currency and competence. Provides technical guidance to lower-level personnel. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: electrical interface systems engineering, electromagnetic compatibility, power engineering, aerospace engineering, systems engineering of system and subsystem level interfaces, requirements definition, flow-down, and verification of system level, subsystem level, or inter-subsystem requirements of Space Systems.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in electrical interface systems engineering, hardware schematic analysis, electrical compatibility analysis, power design, wiring/cable design, electrical/EMC troubleshooting and test resulting in contributions to the development of new processes, tools, theories and methodologies.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in electrical architecture development, electrical wiring design, avionics design, developing and monitoring System Technical resources and performing trade studies and/or spreadsheet analysis.
• Proven experience in leading high visibility extremely complex electrical interface compatibility, grounding, electrical fault propagation tiger teams.
• Proven experience leading system level electrical systems, avionics engineering design teams and delivering electrical interface design products.
• Ability to work in a multi-discipline environment with system and specialist engineers.
• Proven experience in leading an interdisciplinary team of system engineers involving spacecraft, instruments, and/or launch vehicle, mission operations, and science personnel.
• Proven experience in defining, developing and verifying electrical interface requirements; performing interface and cross talk analyses; troubleshooting of issues related to grounding, EMI, signal integrity; developing and reviewing engineering products such as electrical interface control documents, electrical interface schematics, electrical block diagrams, ground tree diagrams, grounding analyses and technical specifications of harnesses; interface resource tracking and management.
• Proven experience implementing electrical architecture design optimization trade studies.
• Proven experience using ECAD tools for design and analysis.
• Proven experience in using circuit and system level electrical modeling and analysis tools.
• Proven experience working directly or as oversight function with industry partners.
• Ability to perform systems engineering functions at the system level design.
• Team player with excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to interact with external customers, external NASA centers, flight system managers, flight system engineering leads, subsystem engineers, element managers and line managers.
• Strong negotiation and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, presentation and written communication skills.
• Complete knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
• Recent flight system experience in electrical issue resolution.
• Experience in requirements development and/or requirements management.
• Experience with state-of-the-art modeling methods and tools.
• Experience working with system contractors.
• Experience in developing and infusing electrical design CAD tools into flight projects or subsystems.
Number of positions