Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
1 year contract position
W2 with full benefits
Training will be provided
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
The Electronics Engineer will be a member of the Instrument Electronics Group (389D) responsible to lead the integration and testing of electronics boards for a variety of sub-assemblies at JPL. This person will also support the actual testing of prototype EM and FM instrument electronics hardware. Functions include generating test plans, test procedures, and any problem failure reports, leading a test support team, performing board testing and troubleshooting. This person will be expected to interface with team members and internal customers.
The employee will primarily be working on the Sentinel-6 AMR instrument. There will also be thermal testing of the AMR electronics hardware, which requires the use of cryogenic chambers.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 3 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines.
• Broad knowledge in one or more of the following related fields: CMOS based Instrument Electronic Circuits, Circuit Simulation and Integrated Circuit Layout.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in electronics circuit design and test.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in sensors, MEMS and electronics measurement techniques.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
• Previous experience within the aerospace or other related industries.
Number of positions