FPGA Design Engineer
Job opening ID
FPGA Design Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
1 year contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
This position will lead the planning and execution of hardware design activities for highly complex and unique electronics systems with Laboratory wide impact. Specific responsibilities of this position include:
• FPGA design lead generating design specification, architectural trade-offs, coding RTL, synthesis, place-n-route, & mentoring junior engineers.
• Board design lead capable of bringing a design from concept to finished product. Includes analog/digital design, schematic capture, guiding PCB layout, kitting the assembly, supporting assembly, and in-lab validation/verification.
• Participate in peer and developmental reviews.
• Perform design analyses and design verification, including test script development.
• Provide support to hardware testing and post-delivery integration.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with typically a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or a PhD in similar disciplines with typically a minimum of 5 years related experience.
Other requirements include:
• Experience with complex and large scale FPGA development.
• Experience with the latest industry FPGA development tools, design flow and verification methodology, such as UVM and OVM.
• Working knowledge with implementing FPGA designs using industry standard FPGA development languages, such as Verilog and System Verilog.
• Extensive knowledge of best industry practices in electronics and FPGA development, implementation, testing, and verification.
• Knowledge in the implementation of electronics (digital and analog).
• Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with fault tolerant design methodology.
- Experience controlling and sampling analog circuits. - Experience with developing, maintaining and managing reusable functional Intellectual Properties (IP’s) for FPGA and Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC’s).
- Familiarity with standard script languages, such as Python and Ruby.
- Understanding of the operation of electronics and packaging in extreme environments.
Number of positions