Production Control Engineer
Job opening ID
Production Control Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
11 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
• Responsible for production planning and control, interacting closely with the project and engineering customers, production control, manufacturing engineers, fabrication technicians quality assurance, and the inventory organizations.
• Responsible for re-engineering, monitoring, reporting, and continuous improvement of processes. • Develop process flows including fabrication interactions with acquisition, quality, and inventory processes to help develop an integrated efficient supply chain at JPL.
• Develop and monitor cost models for improved cost estimating and tracking.
• Support production control by ensuring material and documentation are available and ready for the build process, initiating fabrication orders in Oracle, status the build progress, and reporting to management and customers.
• Work with the customers, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, and fabrication leads to help solve daily problems to meet customer needs. • Assist with plans, schedules and monitoring the movement of material through the production cycle to ensure a smooth and controlled flow of materials timed to meet production requirements and support polymerics mixed and raw material inventory and bench stock.
• Compile data for work-in-progress planning and monitoring.
• Prepare work orders for production or purchase requests based on production schedules.
• Compile material requirements lists, production plans, and technical specifications for scheduled jobs. • Identify process and infrastructure improvements required to support the fabrication process.
• Outline fabrication process flows to help develop an integrated supply chain
• Requires a Bachelors in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or similar discipline with minimum of 3 years of experience. Master’s Degree in similar discipline with 1 year of related experience.
• Has extensive knowledge in an electronics hardware manufacturing environment.
• Broad understanding of complex principles, theories, concepts and techniques in process engineering, production planning, operations management, and/or supply chain management.
• Broad understanding of complex principles, theories, concepts and techniques in enterprise/material resource planning, engineering design process and aerospace hardware.
• Has extensive knowledge in the improvement of engineering and/or manufacturing processes that significantly improved cost, schedule, and/or technical performance.
• Ability to lead engineer and/or technician teams supporting aerospace projects.
• Broad knowledge of enterprise/material resource planning, engineering design process, and aerospace hardware.
• Extensive knowledge in engineering and business processes, information systems, and space flight hardware.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated leadership in an electronics hardware manufacturing environment in a multi-project and product build environment.
• Demonstrated leadership in the improvement of engineering and/or manufacturing processes that significantly improved cost, schedule, and/or technical performance.
• Demonstrated accomplishment in the coordination and prioritization of tasks that involve multiple customers with potentially different requirements. Vision to improve high mix and low volume electronic fabrication business.
• Experience with processes relating to science and engineering development activities, material/enterprise resource planning (i.e. Oracle), supply chain management processes, and/or hardware inventory management systems.
• Desire to develop and implement new processes in delivering inventory and information to JPL projects and customers.
• Desire to develop new process that significantly improves cost, schedule, and or technical performance.
• Must be a self-motivated individual who can work independently and in a team environment.
Number of positions