Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
5 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
• Will be working in the Cryogenic and Technical Inventory Management group supporting multiple inventory locations and commodity lines (commodities include general lab/manufacturing supplies, clean room sensitive items, flight certified wire and connectors, fasteners, raw metal, Electronic Fabrication Printed Wire Board (PWB), cabling and harness assembly). The daily responsibilities will include cylinder and tank orders, receiving, stocking, delivering, kitting of inventory materials to various customers and projects and cutting metal.
• Performs routine duties in material areas such as receiving, storing and issuing materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
• Stores articles in proper location according to identifying factors.
• Sorts, counts, checks received goods, raw materials, finished or semi-finished parts and subassemblies.
• Checks invoices against documentation for proper nomenclature, identification and quantity.
• Pulls items and fills routine orders and issues materials, supplies, components and parts from stock.
• Inputs data into inventory management tool.
• Uses proportional scales, scanners, and bar code printer.
• Operates less complex material handling moving equipment, including skids, pallet handlers, and hand trucks.
• Assists with annual physical inventory.
• Uses basic understanding of resource applications to provide solutions based on customer requirements.
• Ensures inventory is stocked appropriately by evaluating customer future needs, reviewing inventory quantity, and initiating orders for additional/new material. Records quantity and type of stock received, in store, and issued. Ensures inventory accuracy by conducting physical inventories and cycle counts.
• High School with 3 years of related Cryogenic experience.
• Solid understanding of general job aspects, applicable policies, procedures and practices.
• Experience with resolving intermediate/day-to-day common customer service issues regarding on-hand inventory, lead-time, and the procurement of materials and handling of cryogenic orders.
• Excellent customer service skills and able to work and communicate effectively with technicians, engineers, managers and scientists as well as business and logistics personnel.
• Good computer skills related to inventory system data entry and reporting.
• Knowledge and experience with MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of purchasing and receiving process.
• Solid understanding of applicable policies, procedures, and practices in inventory management and Cryogenics including physical inventory and cycle counting.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and follow processes and procedures.
• Experience in implementing improvement activities that have made operations more efficient, reduced item lead time, improved processing or order visibility.
• Experience and ability to perform physical activities (50 pounds), including moving/lifting of raw metal, cylinder tanks and other heavy material, including use of a lifting devices and lifting crane.
• Experience with the inspection of material assuring traceability.
• Experience with processing and coordinating outside shipments/deliveries.
• Trained in Cryogenics and Technical Inventory.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel utilizing formulas, pivot tables and filters.
Number of positions