Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
18 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
This position is for a member of the Integration and Test (I&T) team for NASA’s NISAR (NASA- ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar) L-band instrument. The primary role for this position will be to lead the assembly and test of the RF Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) for NISAR based on an existing prototype. The L-band portion of the EGSE system includes RF signal distribution/switching between the radar and the suite of custombuilt equipment (target simulator, fiber-optic delay line) and COTS equipment (power meters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.) This person will test components to verify satisfactory performance, calibrate RF paths in phase and magnitude over time and temperature, using a computer to automate tests.
Will need to procure the COTS parts needed for the design and integrate them. In addition to assembly will test, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware problems in the RF EGSE system. With guidance from instrument I&T engineer, will contribute to the L-band radar I&T test procedures and serve as a test conductor to execute these procedures.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; Or Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
• RF/Microwave Engineer with specialized skills in RF test, measurement, and automation.
• Experience writing software test scripts to remotely control RF test & measurement equipment, e.g., via LAN or USB.
• Knowledge of GUI control software design and scripting languages.
• Proficient with RF test & measurement lab equipment: power meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, network analyzer.
• Familiarity with Schematic / PWB design capture software (e.g., Altium).
• Excellent communication skills. Able to articulate RF system engineering concepts and give technical direction to engineering team members.
• Experience testing microwave/RF instruments (radar, radiometer, or telecomm.)
• Mechanical design and assembly experience (Solidworks/NX)
• EGSE design, assembly, test and validation
• Laboratory Certifications
Number of positions