Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
Some travel may be required
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking Research Analyst to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
• Perform process analysis and process flow documentation.
• Perform statistical analysis and trending analysis.
• Work with system engineer to improve the Building Automation System (BAS) panel preventative maintenance (PM) and inspection program and document all process work-flows.
• Perform BAS panel PM activities.
• Collect and analyze BAS system activity log data.
• Analyze BAS report data and determine corrective action procedures.
• Manage network LAN drop request and port activations for all new systems and devices.
• Coordinate and document all change management activities associated with new devices.
• Participate in the weekly Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings, as necessary.
• Identify data gaps and inconsistencies and analyze data to identify reasons for differ-ences.
• Identify process improvement opportunities, and then analyze and define a solution.
• Create, update and maintain spreadsheets for tracking, monitoring and analyzing data.
• Prepare weekly pneumatic tube system reports and distribute to the director.
• Participate in weekly team meetings to provide project and task status and collaborate on cross functional activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a related discipline; coursework and expe-rience in Statistics.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a facilities management environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of basic research methods and strategies.
• Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Number of positions