Jr. HR Generalist
Job opening ID
Jr. HR Generalist
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
Long term contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Performs a variety of professional/administrative human resource functions, which include new hire and separation processing, employment verification and some benefit processing and other employment related duties under general supervision. Participates in special assignments related to developing and/or designing new or changed human resource programs and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Interacts professionally with various levels of Company employees and outside representatives.
2. Handles highly confidential information.
3. Initiates and processes all on-boarding and off-boarding paperwork.
4. Establishes and maintains personnel and other files and records and assigns employee numbers for all new personnel. 5. Records changes on all employee status as necessary; e.g., change of address, departmental transfers, rate increases, terminations, etc.
6. Verifies payroll changes.
7. Utilizes E-Verify for I9 processing and verification
8. Reviews and processes health club and tuition reimbursements.
9. Processes and records information, such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data; attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason in HRIS.
10. Conducts new hire orientations
11. Responds to employee’s questions.
12. Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
13. Prepares and provides information to authorized parties; e.g. employment verifications, unemployment and disability claims.
14. Extracts and compiles a variety of data for consolidation in various reports, including management reports and proposals and develops/modifies HRIS reports.
15. Maintains and distributes current employee information, policy and procedure manuals, and other communication. 16. Assists in preparing EEO, Vets 100 and other mandatory government reporting.
17. Conducts HR internal audits
18. Performs diversified clerical and administrative activities.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related field. 1-2 years of Human Resources experience and a working knowledge of human resource policies and procedures. Recent experience with ADP HRIS Programs preferred. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must possess strong organizational, written and oral communication skills. Must portray high levels of professionalism, motivation and positive attitude in all endeavors.
Number of positions