Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
10 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
• Lead experimental research in the field of thermoelectric technology for application to deep space and terrestrial power systems.
• Lead development of scale-up synthesis and sintered puck production in advanced refractory thermoelectric materials
• Conduct collaborative research efforts in developing thermally stable interfaces in high temperature thermoelectric devices.
• Collaborate with academic and industry partners on existing programs,
• Pursue new research, technology development opportunities through advocacy and outreach within the technological and scientific stakeholder community,
• Publish new findings and developments.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry or related discipline, with 6 year of related experience at the undergraduate level, or Masters with 4 years of related experience, or Ph.D. with 2 years of related experience. Successful candidates possess broad knowledge in materials science and engineering, have an extensive understanding and wide application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in the field of advanced materials for application to energy conversion and sensing, and extensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in the development, processing and performance modeling of semiconducting materials. The ideal candidate must have wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in the following areas:
• Expertise in developing advanced materials through the use of advanced experimental synthesis and characterization techniques and the use of analytical tools and simulation models,
• Familiarity with advanced materials science and engineering, for developing novel materials and devices in support of high performance solid state energy conversion technologies,
• Ability to propose innovative concepts and lead small R&D projects,
• Demonstrated ability to publish research results in refereed journals,
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, both informally and for formal presentations and review settings.
Preferred qualifications include experience and demonstrated capability in the areas of:
• Development of advanced high temperature thermoelectric materials R&D
• Use and development of advanced inorganic materials synthesis techniques
• Publishing in peer-reviewed open literature
Number of positions