Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
In this role, you will be responsible for design, implementation, maintenance support, obsolescence assessment and data analysis of multiple Deep Space Network (DSN) controls equipment involving PLC programming, instrument and control panel specifications, HMI/SCADA, and other engineering documentation in a DevOps environment. This role will support various subsystems in the areas of large aperture antenna motion control, hydraulics, microwave and facilities. Some typical workload includes:
• Working closely with other cognizant design engineers and system engineers, contribute in architecture development and provide design details to the team
• Design and implements system upgrades for capability addition, obsolescence and maintenance/operation improvements
• Generate operation and maintenance documents, including drawing references, user and maintenance manuals and other guidelines
• Regularly interface with the operation and maintenance team and provide engineering support to solve critical on-site issues
• Incorporate lessons learned into future designs
• Present in design and programmatic reviews and report to higher level management
• Participate in design reviews and provide feedback
• Serve as the liaison with outside consultants and suppliers of PLC control systems
• Serve as the liaison with other DSN engineering teams in development of controls subsystem equipment
• Working directly with the facilities system engineer, provide engineering assistance for maintenance and upgrade of the DSN operational facilities.
• Travel on-site to support installation and test. Travel expectation is 20%.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering with typically a minimum of 3 years of related experience; a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 years of related experience; or a PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 0 years related experience.
• Experience with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix systems, distributed IO, real-time and non-real-time fieldbus architectures and HMI systems
• Experience with safety systems
• Experience with programming and commissioning of PLC systems
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Desired Skills :
• Experienced with Beckhoff Automation distributed IO technologies
• Experience using EtherCAT technology for real-time and non-real-time communication
• Experience with hydraulics systems
• Sold Works Electrical
Number of positions