Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
12 month contract position
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
The applicant selected for this position will be a member of the Property Accountability Group in the Facilities and Logistics Division. As a Material Control Administrator, you will ultimately support various material and property management activities including the analysis of Work in Process inventory data and metrics (the Dock-to-WIP process). You will be coordinating activities with other organizations and therefore may be asked to provide work guidance for other personnel as you provide support in assuring the distribution, management, and control of materials throughout the post-receipt portion of the supply chain are effectively implemented and utilized.
You will be expected to use applicable policies, procedures and practices as guides to determine appropriate work methods and deliver results, and you will be expected to conduct material process analyses and reconciliations to detect and resolve errors or material irregularities in a timely manner. To help you be selected, will be the proven ability to carry out process improvements and root-cause analysis related to Material Management process issues. You will be accountable for resolving moderately complex logistics-related schedule problems while carrying out responsibilities for material control within a multi-project and product build environment of moderately complex materials or components, such as commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) parts or raw materials.
The thrust of your focus will be that customer service and time objectives are achieved – while partnering with others to ensure that Programs/Projects effectively manage the timely receipt, inspection and physical distribution coordination, order fulfillment management, inventory management and control, and, contract and supply chain management techniques.
You will be expected to: (1) build strategic relationships with service providers/users through property and material control initiatives; and, serve as liaison between various technical and business support teams to assure proper and timely product requisitioning assistance, receipt, delivery and costing occurs. (2) Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed. Leads/co-leads teams that address material issues.
•Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
•Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management or Supply Chain Management, or related discipline with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; or Master’s Degree in similar disciplines.
• Practical working experience in one or more of the following areas performing actual system transactions: Manufacturing Requirements Planning or a Business Enterprise Systems, such as Oracle or SAP; JPL’s Product Data Management (PDM) system (or an industry equivalent); or, other industry large procurement and inventory control systems, performing inventory, receiving, issue and adjustment-type transactions.
• General understanding and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in process development tools.
• Well rounded/detailed knowledge of applicable industry (or academic) practices and standards in root cause analysis as applicable to supply chain services, inventory management and control, material handling, shipment of products, and third-party warehousing; and, a broad knowledge of manufacturing disciplines including purchasing, materials, production processes and engineering with the ability to complete complex tasks and assist customers seeking Material Management’s assistance with material deliveries, traceability and related issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; metrics development knowledge and generation capabilities; a specific focus on customer service and satisfaction.
• Demonstrable proficiency with MS Office tools – specifically Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Must possess a valid drivers license to operate Electric “Golf cart” style vehicle on JPL property.
Desired Skills :
• Knowledge of JPL’s policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of material and property (Logistics) applications.
• Possess certifications from either ASCM (formerly APICS) or NPMA, or a CPM certification.
• Knowledge/familiarity of the Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order and/or Purchase-card systems; prior independent business and/or purchasing and sales strategy or customer service experience.
• Experience with database management for large volumes of data, manipulation and reporting.
• Understanding of inventory monitoring processes and practices used in the validation and checking of inventory accuracy of Record-to-Floor and Floor-to-Record.
• Experienced in the analytics to assess and evaluate specific operational inventory flaws or conditions.
• Prior experience operating in a DoD material disposal environment, using the Plant Clearance Automated Reutilization Screening System (PCARSS) or NASA’s DISPOSAL system.
• Prior experience operating in a GSA material disposal environment (GSAXcess and MySales)
• Lean and/or Six Sigma process improvement experience or in-depth exposure/participation.
Number of positions