Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
Some travel may be required
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Computer Systems Analyst to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
• Support NIMH researcher staff and other staff to maintain the NIMH Internet and Intranet websites using up-to-date technologies and methods.
• Monitor, test, and performance-optimize the web areas of the NIMH research community and others.
• Convert scientific and non-scientific documents from various formats into semantic and accessible (Section 508-compliant) HTML5 and add them to the NIMH content management system (CMS) and/or SharePoint.
• Provide SharePoint administrative support to NIMH researcher staff and others.
• Maintain, enhance, and optimize the design of the web areas of NIMH searcher community and others.
• Ensure NIMH scientific document and no-scientific document display properly on common screens, including standard computer monitors and modern mobile devices.
• Collaborate with researcher staff and others to translate design mockups into semantic/ accessible HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
• Optimize the design scientific document.
• Follow the principles of progressive enhancement to add interactive functionality to NIMH websites, including the web areas of NIMH labs and research community.
• Perform client-side development and integrate client-side components with server-side applications.
• Attend meetings; collaborate with staff on Web development projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or a related discipline.
• Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
• Expertise with Section 508 requirements.
• Expertise in current Web standards.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with responsive designs, including proficiency with CSS media queries, mobile/touch design strategies and patterns, and the abilities of mobile, tablet and desktop browsers.
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
Number of positions