Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Estimated duration of 3 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
A Group Staff Assistant will provide administrative/clerical support to multiple technical groups within the section and back-up support to the Section Office. This is primarily an administrative support position demonstrating a solid customer orientation, great organizational skills and being agile and flexible in the performance of the job. You will be a member of the Business Administration Group and report to the Business Administration Manager.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing and processing foreign and domestic travel, generating travel reports, affiliate badge requests for domestic and foreign visitors
• iProcurement orders
• Coordinate meetings via Outlook, maintaining conference room schedules, arranging conference calling via WebEx
• Assisting with preparation of presentations, graphics, and website inputs, including proofreading and editing, coordinating office moves and new hire preparations.
• May assist in performing ergonomic evaluations, updating WAMs, coordinating on-site and off-site workshops and other ad hoc assignments.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Associates degree with a minimum of 1 year of related experience and related required training.
• Experience in the secretarial profession with strong organizational, computer and interpersonal skills.
• Strong planning and scheduling skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple complex tasks, and work independently with minimal supervision to meet commitments with high quality products.
• Motivated self-starter who takes the initiative to establish and implement process improvements.
• Ability to evaluate situations and apply good judgment in any necessary resolution.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and provide excellent customer service.
• Must exercise proper discretion when handling assignments of a discreet nature and when dealing with sensitive material.
• Must be a team player. Including, but not limited to, participating in teambulding activities and planning social work events.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must be willing to perform ad hoc assignments.
Desired Skills :
• Extensive understanding of JPL/ESD policies, procedures, and practices.
• Staff Assistant experience in a technical section office environment.
• Experience with JPL tools such as Docushare, JPLID, UCS, Travel (Concur) and Timekeeping.
• Knowledge of JPL procurement processes such as Purchase Requisition, P-Card and iProcurement.
• Familiarity with the JPL-ID process and on-boarding of volunteers, affiliates, and foreign nationals.
• Experience with JPL foreign and domestic travel policies and procedures.
• Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, Pulisher, and Website design.
• Willingness to look for, learn, and apply new Information Technology (IT) tools to office procedures and processes.
Number of positions