Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 2 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is seeking a Staff Assistant for temporary work at our facility in Pasadena, CA. This position reports directly to the Business Administration Manager for the JPL Protective Services Division (PSD). This position will primarily provide support for our PSD’s Paperless Documentation Project. The project consists of: scanning hundreds of investigation, administration, and security documents; organizing scanned documents using document management guidelines and naming conventions; designing Alfresco website; posting documents to Alfresco website; tagging all electronic files with record retention data; developing written SOP for document management; creating reports/database of all records; and training staff on the new system; and additional staff assistant support, as needed.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• This position typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; or Associates degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience, preferred.
• Experience in the administrative profession with strong organizational, computer and interpersonal skills.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to meet commitments with high quality products.
• Motivated self-starter who takes the initiative to establish and implement process improvements.
• Ability to evaluate situations and apply good judgment in any necessary resolution.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply JPL administrative, business, and HR policies, procedures, and processes.
• Ability to prioritize assignments and complete them accurately, multitask effectively, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with regular interruptions.
• Ability to adapt work efforts to meet rapidly changing organizational needs.
• Advanced understanding of both general and detailed aspects of job and work techniques in: secretarial and administrative office operations, as well as practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and provide excellent customer service.
• Expected to exercise proper discretion when handling assignments of a discreet nature.
• Team player and motivated self-starter who takes the initiative to perform activities and resolve unusual or nonstandard problems.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Willingness to identify, learn, and apply new Information Technologies to improve office operations.
Desired Skills :
• Understanding of JPL policies, procedures, and practices.
Number of positions