Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Some travel may be required.
The Engineering Technician III performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. This technician performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as: a. Constructing components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment; may troubleshoot and correct malfunctions; b. Following specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and subunits of equipment. c. Conducting various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement, selecting, preparing, and operating standard test equipment and records test data; d. Extracting and compiling a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc., processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, selecting methods of data presentation. e. Assisting in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials that are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts; developing information concerning previous operational failures and modifications, and using judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Driving (a government issued vehicle) is preferred, but not required for this position. Must have a valid California driver’s license. Individuals will only be authorized to drive if they have a clean driving record and successfully pass a DMV check.
• Understanding and technical experience in the following areas:
o Sheet metal technician; Design, layout, fabrication of sheet metal parts and Mock-up structures
o MGSE; Fabrication, assembly
o Electronics as they relate to motors and actuators.
o Knowledge of use of sheet metal equipment to include brakes, waterjet, punch presses, and saws.
• Additionally, the following process and management skills are required:
o Can work independently on complex and specialized assignments.
o Requires a technician who is comfortable interacting with computers and is familiar with routine computer applications (e.g., spreadsheets, databases, word processing, Solidworks, and web searches for gathering information)
Desired Skills :
• Preferred but not required - High School diploma with a minimum of 8 years of related experience; Associates degree with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; related required training.
• Driving Preferred but not required
• Advanced understanding, technical expertise and experience in the following areas:
o Sheet Metal Technician; Design, layout, fabrication
o Develop flat patterns
o Wood working fabrication to include shipping containers
o Design skills using Solid works software
o All types of fasteners and fastening systems. (e.g. keenserts, pem nuts, pem studs, heli-coil, cherry and cherry max rivets)
• Additionally, the following process and management skills are desired:
o Can work independently on complex and specialized assignments with minimum supervision
o Skilled in operations of all shop tools to include NC and CNC sheet metal equipment
Number of positions