Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Will be working with the Uplink development team and responsible for the Deep Space Network Exciter and Transmitter controller and related embedded software development activities. Candidate will work on all phases of the software development life cycle including software architecture, design, coding, documentation, training as well as interfacing with the operation engineering teams for troubleshooting and evaluation of on-site issues.
The Exciter/Transmitter software manages the generation of Uplink carrier, command modulation, and ranging signals and controls the high-power RF amplifiers.
The following are included in the scope of work:
- Update control software for the Uplink Signal Generator software for additional capabilities, defect correction and security updates.
- Work with IT security engineers and participate in the system upgrade to latest operating system, including testing and required software updates.
- Develop new and update control software for upgrade and new RF transmitters.
- Develop embedded control software for various RF equipment.
- Participate in all testing activities.
- Deliver software in accordance with the established software delivery processes.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, including CI/CD and DevOps methodologies for software development life cycle.
- Travel on-site to support installation and test. Travel expectation is 20%.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related experience, a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience, or a Ph.D. in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Highly proficient in C programming language with a minimum of 5 years of experience designing and coding controls software.
- Software engineering skill with strong system debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Good verbal and written communication skill for end users issue analysis support
- Able to travel for approximately 20% average.
- Able to climb large structures. (e.g. 70M Antenna at GDSCC)
Desired Skills :
- Knowledge of modern software development tools and practices ((GitHub, Eclipse, continuous integration, automated software testing, Agile methodology, DevOps, etc.)
- Knowledge of container and runtime orchestration frameworks (g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Elastic Container Service)
- Experience with Linux Kernel development
- Knowledge of Cloud technology and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of JPL Software Development Standard Practices
Number of positions