Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
This unique opportunity is part of the Electronic Manufacturing, Packaging & Fabrication Division, which engages in research, technology development, and the creation of advanced mechanical, thermal, propulsion, and electronic packaging systems with expertise that spans the full breath of mechanical disciplines and is applied from architectural concept development through operations.
As an Expeditor you will be working for JPL's Electronic Manufacturing, Packaging & Fabrication Division which provides engineering services that include the following: fabrication of electronics (boards and cables/harnesses), electronic packaging, manufacturing engineering and electronic hardware; technical facilities management and cleanroom services/certification; test equipment loan pool and metrology engineering, and technical inventory management, This Section develops and matures equipment and technologies, which enable and enhance our fabrication and environmental test capability for current and future missions.
Responsible for a variety of general administrative activities to assist, coordinate, and perform aspects of logistics, loan pool process, shipping and receiving and data entry to JPL system. You may assist with coordination of work loan between two different organizations.
• Runs and creates standard reports using a variety of in house software programs (we will train you)
• Processes and follows-up on expedite items with customers and engineering group.
• Scans inventory items and updates inventory database (manual or electronic).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires a High School diploma with 3 years of general work experience; Related required training
• Must have moderate understanding, and experience in with usage of computer.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, VBA, etc.)
• Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to review and prioritize assignments
• Use tact and discretion when working with sensitive or confidential data
• Strong customer service, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and provide excellent customer service
Desired Skills :
• Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications
• Experience in PC based tools such as MS Office, DocuShare, UMS, iProcurement, Pcard, Sharepoint and EBIS suite of tools.
• Willingness to look for, learn, and apply new Information Technology (IT) tools to office procedures and processes.
• Teaming skills and professionalism in interfacing with all levels of personnel within and across multiple organizations.
Number of positions