Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 8 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
As a Group Staff Assistant you will be responsible for performing administrative/clerical support to multiple technical groups within the section and
provide back-up support to the Section Office. This is primarily an administrative support position, demonstrating a solid customer orientation, great organizational skills and flexibility in the performance of the job. You will be a member of the 3812 Business Administration Group and report to the 3812 Business Administration Manager.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing and processing foreign and domestic travel, generating travel reports, affiliate badge requests for domestic and foreign visitors
• iProcurement orders
• Coordinate meetings via Outlook, maintaining conference room schedules, arranging conference calling via WebEx
• Assisting with preparation of presentations, graphics, and website inputs, including proofreading and editing, coordinating office moves and new hire preparations.
• Assist in performing ergonomic evaluations, updating WAMs, coordinating on-site and off-site workshops and other ad hoc assignments.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical discipline with typically a minimum of 0-3 years of related experience, a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with typically a minimum of 1 year of related experience, or a PhD in similar disciplines.
The ideal candidate must have skills, experience and knowledge in the following areas:
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: Analog Electronics, Controls, or Power Systems Design
• Experience in the design, development, fabrication, assembly and test of analog or power electronics hardware.
• Experience with test software and hardware, particularly using LabView and LabView-compatible test equipment, including the selection, assembly, and use of electronic bench test equipment.
• Knowledge of generating software for computation and simulations associated with electronics development and/or test, using computer languages such as LabView, MatLab, or Python.
• Knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to the development, testing and integration of electronic assemblies for space applications.
• Good oral and written communication.
Desired Skills :
Preferred qualifications include experience and demonstrated capability in the areas of:
• Experience in the use of computer aided engineering tools to support the electronics design process
• Experience in the application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in electronic circuit design, simulation, and test, particularly focused on analog electronics in space environments.
• Familiarity with JPL policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
Number of positions