Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 12 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading the LabVIEW software used to operate the Cold Atom Laboratory (CAL) instrument located on the International Space Station. Responsibilities include flight software documentation and configuration management. Will be responsible for updates to requirements and software architecture. Will be responsible for developing, testing and integrating new software capabilities and bug fixes. Will be required to collaborate with other CAL project team members and be flexible as the project/task evolves in reaction to new requirements.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of 12 years of related experience; Master's degree with 10 years of related experience; or PhD with 8 years of related experience.
• This position may be advertised at one level higher based on the qualifications of the applicants.
• Experience with formal software deliveries. Demonstrated expertise in developing measurement and control systems using LabVIEW FPGA, and LabVIEW Real-Time.Demonstrated expertise in developing requirements for measurement and control systems based on user needs. Demonstrated ability to exercise discretionary and independent judgement in evaluating potential approaches and solutions to instrumentation problems. Proven decision-making and problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot highly complex measurement and control systems. Significant knowledge of Commercial off-the-Shelf (COTS) instrumentation and sensors. Demonstrated expertise in developing measurement and control systems using LabVIEW for Windows. Experience with the National Instruments hardware platform. Working knowledge of digital electronics, digital data busses, protocols, and systems implemented with digital electronics. Experience and/or understanding of hardware/software interfaces. Experience with standard lab test equipment, such as power supplies, oscilloscopes and Digital Multimeters (DMMs). Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness in a team environment. Ability to work independently under a set schedule. Proven ability to establish task priorities and manage change as the project/task evolves in reaction to new requirements. Capability to advise the project/ management on instrumentation industry trends that can either obsolete or improve a measurement and/or a control system.
Desired Skills :
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA), and/or Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer. Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems. Experience with scripting language (e.g. TcL, Perl, Ruby, Lua, etc...). Experience working with IT and network security groups within a large organization. Experience with development and delivery of software documentation procedures, such as requirements documents, software interface documents and user guides.
Number of positions