Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Will be a member of the Flight Systems Engineering, Integration & Test Section (3130) and will report to the Systems Testbed Engineering Group Supervisor (313A). Will generate/ maintain/ execute system level test procedures and generate post-test data analysis. Will work in a lab environment with exposure to hardware, ground support equipment and test equipment. Will capture and document problems and troubleshoot problems in the system testbed. Will generate and participate in hardware integration procedure development and execution. May support multiple projects during the integration and test life cycle.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor’s degree in Systems, Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related technical discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
Broad knowledge in the following areas: Systems Testbed operations, architecture, design; System Verification and Validation, Systems Engineering. Experience in system test development, troubleshooting, and interaction with project and line management to ensure project and line deliverables are met on schedule. Must be able to perform complex and wide-ranging job functions and activities across disciplines. Works independently on key project assignments with limited direction. Exercises discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential approaches and solutions to critical problems and determining appropriate resolutions. Serves as an essential team member on teams inside or outside organization, project, activity or function. Advanced understanding and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in aerospace systems engineering. Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline technical team, ability to organize, prioritizes and tracks a set of multi-functional work assignments. Good verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills :
• Experience working in a System Testbed: JPL/NASA mission experience preferred
• Experience in developing and executing automated and manual test procedures
• Experience in troubleshooting complex systems using various types of laboratory equipment.
• Experience with handling and testing Engineering Models and Flight Hardware
• Knowledge Jet Propulsion Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of
• Knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards in Systems Engineering
• Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Ruby) and lab test equipment
Number of positions