Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 4 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Technologist III
• Conduct destructive physical analysis of primary battery cells, including disassembly, visual inspection, and chemical analysis (FTIR spectroscopy, scanning electron microscopy, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy) of harvested components.
• Conduct assembly of electrochemical glass cells and coin cells, and perform electrical and electrochemical measurements including cyclic voltammetry, constant current discharge measurements and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy.
• Perform physical and chemical analysis of commercial and custom battery components, including electrode materials, separators and electrolytes
• Perform data analysis and work-up of battery cycling data, and present data to task lead and project team
• Interface with vendors as needed, to obtain required technical information and report technical findings.
• Support all needed documentation and organization of data on online repositories.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Materials Science or related discipline, with 9 year of related experience at the undergraduate level.
• Successful candidates should possess a broad knowledge of laboratory sciences, chemistry and materials processing. An understanding of the principles, theories, concepts and techniques in the field of electrochemical energy storage is required, as well as a knowledge of related lab techniques. The candidate must have a strong track record of organizing and keep track of large amounts of technical data, and supporting a safe lab environment.
Desired Skills :
Preferred qualifications include experience and demonstrated capability in the areas of:
• Primary battery development and operations, in particular Li/CFx battery chemistries.
Number of positions