Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen and Registered for Selective Service
W2 with full benefits
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a credit check
Labor Category: Subject Matter Expert I
The Columbus team is looking for a System Engineer to join our team at the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. The selected candidate will provide systems engineering services for the Lucy spacecraft and the L'Ralph (“Lucy Ralph”) instrument, which will investigate Jupiter's Trojan asteroids. The Systems Engineer will provides specialized and comprehensive expertise in highly specific subject matters for Systems Engineering, Systems Administration, and Satellite Operations and will support mission operations and development activities to include conducting studies, developing systems, integrating and testing systems, and providing information technology support. The Mission Ground Systems Development for the LEMNOS, will encompass the preliminary design of a laser pointing planning system for the Integrated Laser Communication Relay Demonstration (LCRD) Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) User Modem and Amplifier - Terminal (ILLUMA-T) International Space Station (ISS) payload, to be deployed in the Lasercom Terminal Support Console (LTSC) in the SPOCC at GSFC. This system will be based upon the existing Multi-Mission Three-Axis Stabilized Spacecraft (MTASS) Attitude Determination and Sensor Calibration System managed by the GSFC Attitude Control Systems Engineering Branch (Code 591). Mission operations will also include support for the overarching engineering to ensure the complement of elements, systems, and subsystems interact effectively to achieve mission objectives.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Education Requirement: BS
• Minimum Years Experience 10 Years / 15 Years
• The selectee will need to have extensive experience and expertise in NASA ground systems. Expertise with Redhat Linux systems, extensive Systems Administration, computer security, and IT systems used for satellite operations are required. Past experience of ground systems at the Goddard Space Flight Center is required.
Number of positions