Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Engineering Technician II
• Responsible for supporting engineers and technicians on the assembly and test of flight spacecraft.
• Support the Propulsion and Fluid Systems Group with pressure system fabrication, test, and certification.
• Supporting activities at JPL and at launch site.
• Conducting and documenting activities on a variety of technical tasks such as assembly, disassembly, fabrication, test, calibration, measurement, maintenance, repair and modification of electronic, mechanical, chemical, optical and electromechanical systems (including prototype, engineering model and flight), cabling and components, ground support equipment, specialized test equipment, modification, maintenance and certification of laboratory facilities and equipment.
• Build engineering prototypes under the direction of engineers or more experienced technicians.
• Precision cleaning of components.
• Ensure that the process, product, and environment comply with Laboratory protocols, government regulations, and professional standards.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Must have thorough understanding and experience in the following areas: Layout, fabrication, test of mechanical components and assemblies. Tube bending and finishing; Electro-Mechanical Assembly, with strong emphasis on mechanical; Installation, alignment and testing of prototype electromechanical systems; Safe handling of delicate components.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
•Understanding of applicable policies, procedures, and practices in handling Flight Hardware.
• Ability to travel to work in distant locations, domestic and/or international, as needed.
• Ability to work day and night shifts, overtime, weekends, and/or holidays, as needed
• Driving is required for this position. Must successfully pass a DMV Check. Two or more years’ experience in operating a bus and passenger shuttle. Must have a valid Class B California driver’s license, air brakes and passenger endorsements, a clean driving record and successfully pass a DMV check.
Desired Skills :
• High School diploma desired but not required, with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Associates with 1 years of related experience, related required training.
• Associates degree with 4 years of related experience; Bachelors with 2 years of related experience
• Use of all hand tools, tube bending and flaring, some machining experience (drill press, band saw, grinder) helpful.
• Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity, necessary to work with miniaturized systems or components.
• Experience in fluid/pressure system fabrication and test.
• Use of typical machining tools such as mills and lathes.
• TIG and Orbital welding experience.
• Ability to self-review and estimate tasks for budget and scheduling. Must take ownership of given assignments, and be accountable for team’s actions.
• Knowledge of computer applications (e.g., spreadsheets, databases, word processing, web searches) for component information.
Number of positions