Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Engineering Technician II
• Responsible for supporting engineers and technicians on the assembly and test of flight hardware.
• Support the Propulsion and Fluid Systems Group with electronics assembly and test activities on ground support equipment.
• Supporting activities at JPL and at launch site.
• Conducting and documenting activities on a variety of technical tasks such as assembly, disassembly, fabrication, test, calibration, measurement, maintenance, repair and modification of electronic, mechanical, chemical, optical and electromechanical systems (including prototype, engineering model and flight), cabling and components, ground support equipment, specialized test equipment, modification, maintenance and certification of laboratory facilities and equipment.
• Assemble and test electronic hardware in accordance with defined engineering procedures or guidelines under the direction of engineers or more experienced technicians.
• Build engineering prototypes under the direction of engineers or more experienced technicians. Document prototype construction and maintain pertinent engineering records.
• Assist engineers and more experienced technicians in the evaluation of new electronic components.
• Ensure that the process, product, and environment comply with Laboratory protocols, government regulations, and professional standards.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 8 years of related experience; related required training.
• Must have advanced understanding, technical expertise and experience in the following areas: Layout, fabrication, and test of components and assemblies for space application supporting Electro-Mechanical assembly, with strong emphasis on basic electrical and electronics; Installation, alignment and testing of prototype electromechanical systems; Safe handling of delicate components and voltages up to 240 Volts AC
• Experience in testing and operating equipment from detailed test procedures.
• Advanced understanding of applicable policies, procedures, and practices in handling Flight Hardware.
• Ability to travel to work in distant locations, domestic and/or international, as needed.
• Investigative abilities to solve for unknowns and develop solutions when appropriate.
• Proficiency in soldering, de-soldering, & SMD soldering.
• Driving is required for this position. Two or more years’ experience in operating a bus and passenger shuttle. Must have a valid Class B California driver’s license, air brakes and passenger endorsements, a clean driving record and successfully pass a DMV check.
Desired Skills :
• Associates degree with 4 years of related experience; Bachelors with 2 years of related experience.
• Working knowledge of modern analog, digital electronics, electronic circuits, microcontrollers, and common test equipment.
• Strong writing, documentation and communication skills.
• Ability to learn new skills, assume new responsibilities, and work cooperatively within a team environment.
• Advanced understanding, technical expertise and experience in the following areas: Troubleshoot and repair products to the component level; layout build, test, repair and modify developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems.
• Use of all hand tools, tube bending and flaring, some machining experience (drill press, band saw, grinder) helpful.
• Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity, necessary to work with miniaturized systems or components.
• Ability to self-review and estimate tasks for budget and scheduling. Must take ownership of given assignments, and be accountable for team’s actions.
• Knowledge of computer applications (e.g., spreadsheets, databases, word processing, web searches) for component information.
• Use of engineering design software such as: P-Cad, SolidWorks, Altium Designer LabVIEW, Keysight VEE, and Visio.
Number of positions