Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 7 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Some travel required.
Labor Category: Business Administrator IV
Reporting to the University Recruitment Manager, the University Recruiter is responsible for the full-life cycle of hiring applicants currently enrolled in a college or university for both full time and internship opportunities. You will partner with our hiring teams, HR business partners, recruiting team members, and external clients to attract and acquire top level talent from our strategic partner universities and pipeline activities. Using your prior experience you will assist in developing innovative and creative ways to recruit the best talent in our industry.
- Consult with managers to create and post requisitions, and track candidates through the hiring process managed within our applicant tracking system.
- Partner with campus teams to manage campus and on-site interviews, including recommendations for placement.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders at target universities to develop a pipeline of students.
- Assist with the management of JPL’s internship programs.
- Effectively utilize resources such as Social Media to reach early career talent.
- May be involved in creating or managing relationships with specific academic degree programs or diversity student organizations.
- Assist with on-campus events such as information sessions, technical discussions and career fairs.
- Manages the hiring process inclusive of determining base salary, benefits, and relocation packages, while keeping the candidate experience in the forefront of our objectives.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends or university recruiting best practices in order to maintain competitive presence (ex: NACE).
- Challenge the status quo and develop new and innovative ideas.
- Compile and create weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to track metrics and goals.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related degree
- A minimum of 6 years of college/university recruiting experience within the STEM disciplines
- Demonstrated experience partnering, coaching, and consulting hiring managers on hiring best practices
- Strong verbal communication skills and negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the box and develop innovative and new solutions to attract intern and entry-level talent
- Proficiency with utilizing an applicant tracking system to manage end-to-end hiring process
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience managing a hiring process in compliance with EEO, AAP, and OFCCP guidelines
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated experience utilizing technology such as mobile devices/applications, web resources, virtual environments.
- Experienced with industry standard social media platforms for recruiting purposes.
Desired Skills :
- Prior experience with Yello, iCIMS, and Handshake systems preferred.
- Prior high tech, aerospace, or federal research industry experience desired.
Number of positions