Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 6 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Staff Assistant III
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is seeking a Recruiting Coordinator for temporary work at our HQ in Pasadena, CA. Our recruiting coordinators are critical to our Talent Acquisition operations and play a key role in ensuring a smooth candidate experience from interview to onboarding. As a coordinator for Talent Acquisition team, this position reports directly to the Group Supervisor of Talent Acquisition Operations.
Key duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
-Partner with Recruiters, Hiring Managers, and other Administrative Assistants to create a superior candidate experience
-Interact regularly with candidates and internal customers through written and oral correspondence, through JPL's applicant tracking system (iCIMS) and through face-to-face interactions onsite
-Arrange candidate interviews, including coordinating with JPL travel department, scheduling interviews with client groups, updating candidate profiles in the applicant tracking system and processing expense reports
-Respond to complex customer service inquiries using creative approaches for resolution
-Manage the onboarding process including generating offer letters, initiating and managing pre-employment contingency processes (drug testing, background checking, and other verifications), and communicating onboarding instructions to candidates
-Prepare for and participate in weekly New Employee Orientation (NEO), including completion of I-9 processing for new hires, tracking new hire task completion, and collecting forms
-Lead small group tours of JPL for prospective candidates
-Compile complex reports utilizing report writing programs or advanced Microsoft Office programs
-Anticipate and ensure logistics (people/computers/supplies/etc.) are prepared for meetings
-Adhere to laboratory policies and procedures and ensure compliance with legal regulations
-Ensure recruiting process is documented for OFCCP and EEO compliance
-Other duties as required
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of related recruiting coordination experience required.
- Demonstrated advanced skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Must be HIGHLY organized, with proven experience managing conflicting priorities with specific deliverable dates.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effect positive outcomes while working with small and large teams.
- Able to work independently or on teams with minimum supervision
- As a member of the HR team, managing confidential, proprietary, and sensitive information serves as a foundational component of all responsibilities and projects.
Desired Skills :
- Prior experience with a modern Applicant Tracking System (ATS) such as Taleo, iCIMS, or Kenexa
- Prior experience working for medium to large firms
- Aerospace or other highly regulated industry experience
Number of positions