Program Manager - NASA
Job opening ID
Program Manager - NASA
Program Manager - NASA
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: NASA Program Manager
Columbus Technologies and Services has a requirement for a Program Manager (PM) in support of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC), Engineering and Technology Directorate, Mechanical Systems Division (MSD). As the PM, the candidate is responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing Government issued task orders involving end-to-end multi-disciplinary mechanical and thermal systems capabilities and technology development in support of advanced scientific instruments and support platforms for ground-based, suborbital, and orbital science and exploration missions. Discipline engineering support includes materials, structural analysis, mechanical design, thermal, electromechanical, contamination/coatings, manufacturing, and environmental testing and integration for both in house flight hardware development and oversight for out-of-house developed instruments and missions.
The PM candidate fosters and maintains customer focused working relationships with the senior levels of the customer’s organization. Consults with customer and contract team personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. Assumes the initiative in understanding customer needs for workforce skills of future task orders. Provides programmatic leadership in process improvement and risk management across all task orders. Ensures appropriate management tools and controls are consistently applied. Establishes and maintains technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers; organizes and assigns responsibilities to subordinates; and oversees the successful completion of all assigned tasks. Furthermore, The PM will:
• Plan, organize, and manage the contract
• Ensure compliance with terms of the contract, task orders, and with government and company policies, standards, and procedures
• Ensure customer satisfaction with contract performance, to include timely and accurate contract status reports and deliverables
• Ensure effective integration, utilization, and performance of subcontractors
• Identify and resolve cross-contract problems and issues
• Identify and mitigate project risks
• Maximize the most effective staff utilization and availability
• Be responsible for project scope definition, and planning through delivery of assigned product and related product releases
• Support staff career development and training
• Assess cost, schedule, and technical performance, implementing change when needed
• Define and implement suitable performance measures and quality standards
• Present program status and issues to Management on a regular and consistent basis in regular status reporting and status meetings
• Interface with and provide technical and financial reports to the CO and COR
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a DMV check
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a credit check
• Clearance: NOAA NACI
• Must have minimum of MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. In addition to the technical degree, an MBA is a plus.
• 15+ years of progressively relevant management experience managing government task order based contracts in the areas of Mechanical engineering or related fields.
• Must possess significant domain knowledge and experience in Mechanical engineering for space flight missions.
• Must have demonstrated experience in all phases of the development of spacecraft and instrument structures
including design, analysis, fabrication, assembly, integration, testing, transportation to launch site, launch, and early orbit operations.
• Must have a demonstrated understanding of program management principles, financial analysis and elements of cost; compliance with contract requirements; and methods to assess, measure, and modify program plans.
• Ability to manage a large work force of multi-disciplinary staff; strong consensus building and team building skills; and proven ability to drive large scale projects with high collaboration and leadership. Must have excellent interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; decision making skills; and the ability to work under pressure.
• PMP certification is required.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
Number of positions