Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Program Manager
Columbus Technologies and Services has a requirement for a Program Manager in support of a large nationwide Multicenter NASA programs. As the front-line Program Manager, the candidate is responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing Government issued tasks involving complex technical scheduling, planning, earned value, and estimating, analysis, and of programmatic integration and subject matter expertise support services. This position will report to Columbus’ Executive Vice-President for all operational issues and will be fully responsible for planning and successful execution of the assigned multi-$100 million program(s) and proposals including program’s cost, schedule and technical performance. The Program Manager as the owner of the assigned program(s) will:
• Develop and status program plans (resource loaded schedules and budgets) and track these plans with tools such as Earned Value Metrics, Milestone Delivery and Payment schedules, etc.
• Lead project teams (contracts, accounting, finance, Human Resources, project planning, subcontract, procurement, operations, quality, and technical team) to program success by meeting or exceeding financial, schedule and technical performance targets of assigned programs. Must have experience in a customer-site, demanding, and technically challenging program environment.
• Communicate clearly and concisely to the project team, customer’s staff and, stake holders, and corporate management. Candidate should be able to effectively deliver senior-level communications and reports and have a demonstrated history of managing communications with high-level government officials.
• Manage/lead/support the definition, closure planning, and closure execution of program/technical activities and issues and be able to communicate to customer’s team and corporate management progress and status
• Provide time-phased projections for technical personnel and equipment resources to Columbus management and customer as required
• Manage subcontract, consultant and material procurement
• Support the business development of new task orders and cultivate and maintain customer base, establish strategic plans and annual operational objectives
• Manage and provide leadership in the development of proposals and estimates
• Lead contract negotiations as required, to coordinate with company leaders and customers
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a DMV check
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a credit check
• Clearance: NOAA NACI
• Requires a BS or BA degree in a recognized field related to customer service management or a relevant technical/scientific discipline. Graduate degree preferred. PMP Certification is highly desired, but not required.
• 15+ years of progressively relevant management experience leading technical service programs and managing government task order-based contracts for programs that span multiple facilities/centers/geographies.
• Proficiency in program and project management principles, project related scheduling (Microsoft project) and cost controls required.program integration, scheduling, earned value, cost estimation and analysis, and subject matter expert support.
• Must have excellent client-facing communications skills and successful history of managing high-visibility client relations as validated by references.
• Must be able to communicate very complex ideas, in writing and verbally; and be able to work effectively with diverse personalities, various levels of management, and various levels of customers.
• Must have a demonstrated understanding of program management principles, financial analysis and elements of cost; compliance with contract requirements; and methods to assess, measure, and modify program plans.
• Candidate must have the ability to manage a large work force of multi-disciplinary staff; strong consensus building and team building skills; and proven ability to drive large scale projects with high collaboration and leadership. Must have excellent interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; decision making skills; and the ability to work under pressure.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
Number of positions