Job opening ID
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Technical Writer
Pay Range: $28.00 - $30.18
The Columbus Team is looking for a Project Manager to support the SETS Contract with NOAA. This role directly supports the NOAA NESDIS OSGS director of systems engineering. The selectee for this position will be supporting the Office of Systems Architecture and Advanced Planning (OSAAP), which serves as the single organization for enterpriselevel systems engineering, systems architecture, and high-level advanced planning of all services in NESDIS. OSAAP requires support and assistance in all aspects relating to the preparation of public reports and other OSAAP-related documents. The selectee for this position will work with team members, OSAAP and NESDIS staff, to write, prepare, and edit OSAAP material for reports, manuals, briefs, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with the objectives of OSAAP. The contractor may also be asked to review, edit, and suggest improvements for a wide variety of publications (including presentation material) written by other OSAAP or NESDIS staff members.
This work will be performed primarily at the NOAA Silver Spring, College Park, and NSOF (Suitland, MD) locations with some tasks being conducted at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD.
• Must be a US Citizen and Registered for Selective Service
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a credit check
• Education Requirement: Bachelors of Science in a Related Field
• Minimum Years Experience: BS, 4+ yrs
• This Technical Writer will be supporting extremely complex programs and will be working with other contractors as well
as US Government representatives and decision makers. The selectee must have a successful track record for working independently, managing time, multiple (sometimes conflicting) priorities, and personally accountable for completion of duties and assignments.
• The person must be a self starter and have good interpersonal skills.
• A successful candidate must have:
- Extensive technical writing skills are required.
- Must be proficient with use of office computer programs, i.e., MS Office tools
- Actively represent and pursue the best interests of an assigned project, leveraging experience and expertise to ensure mission goals and objectives (stated and implied) are foremost in analysis and subsequent recommendations for actions/plans.
• Compilation of reports, presentations, white papers, recommendations, and position statements
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills
• Past experience with NOAA (especially NESDIS), NASA, or other government agency systems, missions, projects, and
protocols is desired.
Number of positions